The perfect party always starts with a well thought out theme. Themes for quinceaneras can make or break the event as it will set the tone for the entire night and get your guests in the right mood. We have surveyed and researched many 15aneras to uncover the most popular quinceanera themes, the aspects that make or break the night, as well as finding the best supplies to throw the perfect party.
Picking the right theme will allow for you to run with complete creativity as you dsign your invitations, order your quince cake, your dress, shoes, jewelry . . . and basically every other aspect of your 15 anos. So obviously quince themes are a big part of the entire experience.
The Top 18 Most Popular and Unique Quinceanera Themes
(click on the links below for detailed info on each theme)
- Under The Sea
- Alice in Wonderland
- Beauty and the Beast
- Winter Wonderland
Those are the most popular themes being used today! Do any of those stand out to you as the perfect one? Search through that list and be sure to click on each one to learn more about some of the fun and entertaining options available for dresses, decorations, and more.
5 Tips for Choosing the Perfect Theme for your Quince
- What do you love more than anything in the world? A dog, a certain movie, a food . . . a boy? Whatever it is, is there something about that person or thing that you can pick as a setting for your quinceanera?
- What is your budget? Although it is possible to save a lot of money by doing things yourself you should also consider how much you have to spenf on your quince. This will give you an idea of how crazy you can go with the decorations.
- What is your favorite color? If you love pink you might want to consider a princess or fairytale theme. If color is not as important to you than you might think about Hollywood or another theme that isn’t so focused on one color.
- Who will be attending? If you will mostly be inviting your family (grandparents and parents) to the party than you may not want to have a theme that will have them dressing in strange costumes or doing anything weird.
- What is your favorite place in the world? Do you love the beach? Have you always wanted to go to Paris?
Take a minute, grab a piece of paper and empty your mind. Your 15anera is one of the most important events of your life and choosing between themes is hard and will make all the difference in the world. So simply think of what you love and what you are all about. If you had to ask your friends to describe you in one word what would it be? . . . . that one word should point you in the right direction for choosing the perfect quinceanera theme despite all the options.
My Favorite Quinceanera in Los Angeles
I lived in LA for a few years and while there I was able to go to many quince parties. I loved each one and being able to celebrate with the girls and family. Each one was special and different regardless of what the theme was, what colors were chosen, or anything else but one in particular stuck out to me. We walked around the corner into the back yard and you could smell the carne asada, the music was playing, and there were tons of people dancing, laughing, and enjoying the celebration. The girl who was turning 15 was wearing a pink dress and was smiling from ear to ear, there were bounce houses, a band, balloons, and streamers with lights all over the place.
This was a wonderful experience and you could see that the girl and her family had put a lot of time and effort into choosing the right quinceanera themes from all that were available to make this a wonderful and memorable night.
4 Tips For Choosing The Right Theme for Your Quinceanera
Picking the right theme for your special day can be the most difficult part of the entire party. Just like with weddings, every Quince will be different. Some girls will want a pachanga while others will desire a more reserved, quiet, and special event with just close friends.
Here are 4 simple tips to insure that you pick the right theme so that you never look back and truly love your day.
- Attend your friends parties: by going to as many Quinceaneras as you can you will be able to see different themes in action and get a good feel for the decorations in action and decide if you like the way everything actually looks.
- Read Magazines and Websites: reading and researching as much as possible will allow you to make an informed decision rather than just picking a random decor for your big day.
- Watch Movies: Watching as many Quinceanera Movies and Youtube videos as possible will help you to see what other girls have done for their parties all over the world.
- Write a List: create a list of all the things that are important to you including a list of your dream day or dream location if you could be anywhere in the world or live in any time frame. For example if your list includes a beach and ocean than you should choose a mermaid theme or sea themed quince. If you love Victorian era movies or books perhaps your should select a Victorian setup.